Meet our team of archaeologists, scholars and researchers from diverse backgrounds contributing to every aspect of the Centre’s activities.
Alok Kumar Kanungo
Assistant Research Professor
Research interests: Ancient Indian technology, field archaeology, experimental archaeology, ethnoarchaeology, origin of the Nagas, and history and science of ancient glass
Michel DaninoVisiting Professor and coordinator
Archaeological Sciences Centre
Research interests: Ancient Indian civilization, history and cultural heritage; history of science; Indian knowledge systems
Research interests: History of Science and Technology, Archaeological Science, Humans, Plants and Animal interactions in the past, Biomolecular Archaeology, Science and Society
Co-coordinator, Archaeological Sciences Centre
Visiting Professor, Materials Science & Engineering
Current Postdoctoral Fellows
Past Postdoctoral Fellows
- ✯ Dr Siddharth S. Rai, archaeometallurgical investigations into Dholavira copper/bronze artefacts, June 2014 to August 2015
- ✯ Dr Sandhya Misra, archaeobotanical investigations into several Harappan sites, May 2014 to October 2015
- ✯ Dr Vinod V., typology and petrology of Dholavira ceramics, June 2014 to June 2017
- ✯ Dr Ruman Banerjee, investigations into Dholavira chert materials, November 2016 to October 2019
- ✯ Dr Oishi Roy, reconstructing the metallurgical techniques of the Early Iron Age Society of Vidarbha, May 2018 to March 2020
- ✯ Dr Tosabanta Padhan, Indigenous Cultural Heritage as a Facilitator for the Sustainable Development Goals , November 2020 to July 2021.
Archaeological sciences; Harappan archaeology; Field archaeology; Geoarchaeology; Experimental archaeology; Ethnoarchaeology.
Remote sensing and Geographic Information System (GIS); Heritage conservation; Harappan archaeology
Indology; Iconography; Art History; Ancient Indian Architecture
Field Archaeology; Archaeological Sciences; Environmental Archaeology; Archaeozoology; Indology
Megaliths; Ethnoarchaeology; Field Archaeology